Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To Blog Or Not To Blog... What Was The Question?

I was listening to one of may favourite podcasts today (Hanselminutes), which made me start to think "How can I expect anyone to treat me seriously if I don't have a blog, and a twitter account, and so on...".

Well I'm drawing the line at twitting (there are enough twits in this world already) but maybe I can give this blog thing a go. After all, any one who has had the misfortune to get trapped in a discussion with me on a topic I'm interested in knows I've got a lot to say. Well it was this or deFaceBook and deFaceBook involves these things called friends which I just haven't got the hang of yet.

I'm not sure this will be the case of "If you type it... they will come". This is more an exercise for me, nay, let's call it therapy. I'll use this poor unsuspecting web page to vent and rant my thoughts on, and if anyone out there in Internet Land finds this of use or amusement, or just wants to rant back, then that will be cool to.

So who am I? I guess for the moment "I'm just some guy" will have to do. You may have guessed that I'm into computing from the podcast mentioned, and so I suspect a lot of this will be IT related (that's pronounced "Eye Tea" by us nerds and "it" by the rest of the world). However I'm not going to limit myself to just that topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment